Monday, March 4, 2013

Pre-Surgery Appointment

Today I had an appointment to meet with Dr. JS.  He basically went over everything we discussed at the appointment last November 2012.  He asked if I considered all my options and what I'd like to do from this point.  I practically jumped out of my chair saying that I would like to proceed with the PAO surgery.  As much as I was excited to tell him that I was ready, that excitement quickly dwindled as he went over the many risks.  As many risks as there are, I feel very comfortable with Dr. JS, and know that I will be just fine!   He also told me again that my severe hip dysplasia is one of the worst cases he has seen.  By that comment, I knew that I was making a good choice to help correct it.

In my previous posting I never discussed the pain and uncomfortableness that experience on a day-to-day basis.  Every morning I wake up feeling really good for the most part.  But, on an average typical day, I will be limping immediately.  Then the pain will increase as the day goes on, especially if I have a few errands to run.  For example, lets say I have to go to the grocery store.  By the middle of the shopping trip I will be limping through the store almost unable to walk.  But, I push through it because I still have to live my life.  I am looking forward to the outcome of these surgeries ahead. It definitely will not be an easy year, but I know that the road ahead of me is a positive one!  One that will make me more active for my children and one that will leave me nearly pain free!  

No comments:

Post a Comment