Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Four Weeks POST - Left Hip PAO


I had my four week post-op appointment this morning with Dr.JS. They took x-rays to review my progress. So far, everything is healing great! Dr. JS stated that I will start Physical Therapy in 2 weeks (6 weeks post-op).  At that time, I can start putting weight on my left leg ... 25% weight-bearing at 6-7 weeks, 50% weight-bearing at 7-8, 75% weight-bearing 8-9 weeks, 100% after that as long as I'm doing well. I'm so happy that everything is healing well and that I didn't have to go the full estimated 8 weeks non-weight-bearing (like I had to go for my right-hip PAO). 

My pain is very limited and minimal.  I've been experiencing some pain on my right rear-side of my hip.  I discussed this with Dr. JS, he wasn't too concerned at this time.  He's stated that it's probably irritated since it's working extra hard.

I haven't been sleeping the best, up several times a night.  I contacted my PCP yesterday and they prescribed me a sleep aid (since melatonin hasn't been working). Hoping that starts helping me get a little extra sleep at night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment