Monday, March 31, 2014

One Year Post-Surgery

I was officially discharged from ATI Physical Therapy on (3/14/14).  Facebook Status Update: ("Sarah Viglione - My last day! — at Ati Physical Therapy."). The staff at ATI Physical Therapy was friendly during my entire therapy process - which was over 125 visits total (I lost count since I started going there in June 2013).  I appreciate all of their guidance throughout my recovery process.  And, even though my Foot Drop still isn't completely recovered (measured -4 degrees at discharge), they gave me all the tools and knowledge to continue therapy on my own.  I am confident that I will do just fine!  Mike and I also went out and bought a Stationary Bike (a few nights ago) to assist in my recovery process since I am no longer in Physical Therapy.  

Two weeks ago (3/20/14), I met with Dr. Patel for another Sympathetic Nerve Block Injection to treat my CRPS. As always, he gave me a hug to greet me!  Since I've been doing so well and haven't seen Dr. Patel since December, he pulled up a chair and took a seat to have a chat to see how I've been doing.  We discussed our treatment options going forward in regards to the (still slight) CRPS pain in my right foot.  We decided to go forward with the Sympathetic Nerve Block Injection that morning, and again the following week (3/27/14).  Then, this week Thursday (4/3/14), we're going to try an Epidural Injection, something completely new for me! So far, I haven't noticed any pain change with the two Nerve Block injections this time around, which I typically do.  However, my pain isn't very severe, just more bothersome at this point more than anything, a dull aching pain.  Every now and then I will get a stabbing pain that will last just a few moments, and then will go away.  I'm hoping the Epidural Injection will work well for me on Thursday!

Today, was my -- One Year Post Surgery -- appointment and X-rays.  It went fairly well.  I was hoping to get my Left Hip Reconstruction (PAO) scheduled within the next month or two; however, according to the X-rays it will not be possible at this time.  Dr. JS is sending me in to have a CT scan done on my right hip as it looks like it has not healed in some of the spots all of the way (including where my pelvic bone broke), and he wants to determine the next steps. I'm bummed as I can't have my left side done yet, but I really don't want to ruin all the progress I've made on the right side.  So, we made an appointment for Wednesday to have the CT scan, and all I can do is cross my fingers and hope for the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment