Saturday, June 21, 2014

Flip Flops or Sandals?


Last summer, I wasn't able to put on flip flops without pulling my big toe through, as my big toe was "dead" from the Drop Foot.  I also wasn't able to keep the flip flops on my feet once they were on.  You don't realize how much you use you toe muscles and such to keep your shoes on, until you can't! So, I purchased sandals with straps around the back of my heel to keep them on.  

This summer, I attempted to put flip flops on again.  I can do it easier and pretty much don't need to pull my big toe through.  I have to think about it, and it takes me longer than my left foot, but I can do it! I can also keep the flip flop on easier than I could last year.  However, it's still not an easy task, as I need to focus on my walking even more so I don't trip.  So, I still use my sandals with the straps around the back.  I'm hoping by next summer, I will be able to wear flip flops again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment