Monday, June 16, 2014

Left Hip Pain


My left hip has been becoming increasingly more painful.  Every night I've been having to use my "Elasto-Gel" Cooling Wrap (btw, best thing ever) around my hip to calm the pain.  I can't lay on my back or my sides to fall asleep, I have to be on my stomach.  It's just weird how much it is hurting me "at rest" now, and not just when I am active.  On a positive note . . . I can't measure my foot, but from the looks of it - I think I'm raising it a few more degrees!

I wrote Dr. JS's nurse an email over 1.5 weeks ago .... pleading that I need this surgery soon than later!  Last week (Wednesday), she responded that she would talk with Dr. JS and get back to me.  I haven't heard anything yet, but I'm hoping for a good response.  I can't keep living like this.  I limp in pain while at the grocery store, the park, etc. I can't even chase my kids.  I can barely lift my leg to put on my pants, socks or shoes.  I literally have to lift my leg with my hands to do these tasks.

My right hip - PAO - was a success! I have little-to-NO pain! It's unbelievable.  All the years that I grew up thinking that a little pain here and there was just normal pain.  It wasn't.  And, now that the pain is just unbearable on my left side, and now that I know that there is a surgery that can take all that pain away - that's all I want! Yes, my first PAO had a few complications - that's with any surgery! But, I got through them and am now living with a newly reconstructed hip.  One that has no limitations, like if I got a "hip replacement."  Which I am so happy that technology has come so far that, they were able to preserve my own hip, and have only a few artificial screws to hold it place.  Which, by the way, could potential be removed.  I am still blown away by the surgery that I got, and love explaining it to others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment