Monday, April 4, 2016

3 Years Post PAO Surgery

RIGHT HIP:
It's been just over 3 years since my Right Hip Reconstruction (PAO) Surgery.  My R-Hip continues to feel great with the occasional discomfort, but overall it's been a great recovery in regards to the hip portion.

FOOT DROP:
My Right Foot is still "dropped," however it is manageable - I can raise it about 90/95% of the way up (when I compare it to my Left Foot). I subconsciously make an extra effort to raise it while I walk. Hoping that at some point my R-Foot will make a Full Recovery, but not expecting it at this point.

CRPS (complex regional pain syndrome):
Gosh, I have been doing so well in this area.  I'm trying to remember the last time that I saw Dr. Patel for a "Sympathetic Nerve Block Injection".  I believe that it's been about 2 years.  I am so happy that I made it another winter without any issues for the most part.  I still need to keep my foot warm to keep it comfortable.  Therefore, my Heated Mattress Pad is my best friend in winter (and summer on the cold nights).  I wear socks most of the time, especially when my foot is bothering me a bit. I've really been able to adjust to the change these past few years, and it's becoming part of my daily routine.

LEFT HIP:
I am crossing my fingers that I will be able to get my Left Hip Reconstruction (PAO) Surgery this Summer 2016!  I have lost almost 60 pounds in the last year ... about 20 pounds to go!  Once I get that last 20lbs off, then I can meet with Dr. JS to discuss my surgery options!  I am very anxious to get the reconstruction, as the pain is bothersome. I was hoping that with weight-loss, the pain would become more manageable, but it has not.
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm 1 year postop right hip Pao/arthoscopy and I'm still miserable. 2nd surgery in may for screw removal , femoral nerve entrapment release (did not work) and non union fracture correction (wasnt able to fix). I have foot drop and my entire leg feels like it is being dipped in fire. Does the groin pain go away? Does the thigh pain go away and feeling come back? Nobody in arizona specializes in these cases, and mysurgeons in Chicago said they wouldn't have entrapped my nerves. I just dont know what to do. I cant even take walks, my entire leg just hurts all the time. Water sensitivity, I cant have the sun touch my leg without pain, it's hard to wear socks and shoes, and pants. I'm feeling defeated.

    ReplyDelete