Wednesday, October 21, 2015

2.5 years Post-Right Hip PAO Reconstructive Surgery

POST RIGHT HIP PAO:
It's been just over 2.5 years since my right hip reconstruction (PAO).  My right hip has little to no pain, and doing really well.  I am very happy with the outcome of the surgery (in regards to the hip, not so much for the complications that I had).

CRPS:
Just about 2 years ago, I was getting more Nerve Blocks for the CRPS (complex regional pain syndrome) in my right foot, to prep it for the cold of the winter.  I now haven't gotten any nerve blocks in at least 1.5 years (if I can remember correctly).  I do still get the occasional spark, and I need to keep it warm to avoid discomfort, but doing really well with it!

FOOT DROP:
My Foot Drop hasn't made any improvement since my last blog in Spring.  I can raise it almost as much as my left foot, but not quite.  Also, the top of my foot and big toe are still numb(ish), feels like it's asleep especially when I rub my hand or something across my foot.  However, I was able to wear flip flops this passed Summer!  So, I was super excited about that!  Just needed to focus on my walking more when wearing them to avoid tripping.

WEIGHT LOSS:
I still need to lose about 40lbs until Dr. JS will do my left hip PAO (as he wants to reduce the risk of complications as much as possible).  Slow process, but hopefully I will be able to get my left hip done ASAP as it has been bothering me more and more .... I even have been seeing a Chiropractor since Summer to help with my hip pain.  Which honestly, seems to help for a day or so .... then the pain comes back. Need the surgery soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment