Monday, May 11, 2015

Two-Years Post PAO Surgery

It's been 2 years since my right hip reconstruction (PAO surgery). I've been struggling with my walking still, mainly because my left hip needs to be reconstructed yet and my right foot is still dropped.  I've come to terms with the fact that my right foot may never totally recover.  It is not dropped as much as 2 years ago (when I could barely lift my foot off the ground), but still does not lift as much as my left foot.

I haven't shared this yet (in my blog), but the reason I need to wait to have my left hip reconstruction is because I was told that I needed to lose 90lbs before Dr. JS will consider doing my left hip (as he wants to reduce the risk of complications as much as possible).  I've lost 25lbs so far, but have 65lbs to go.  Hoping to try and lose the weight during the next year to get my left hip done as soon as possible.

CRPS update:  I've been getting the occasional spark in my right foot, but it has been manageable.  Also, when my foot gets cold it bothers me, but as soon as I warm it up, it starts to feel better.  Heat blankets/mattress pads are my best friend!  Even though I've had some discomfort in my right foot, I haven't needed any Nerve Blocks in over a year, which is great news!  :-)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment