Friday, April 18, 2014

Sympathetic Nerve Block Injection

Went to see Dr. Patel for another Sympathetic Nerve Block Injection early this morning.  This past week or two I've been experiencing more pain than normal in my right foot.  I've had lightning bolt, stabbing, and almost like a snake bite feeling in my right foot.  I've also noticed that when I've been showering, part of my leg has been turning a purplish color again.

I showed the above pictures to Dr. Patel and he agreed that I may be having another flare up of the CRPS.  He went ahead and gave me the Nerve Block and it went very smooth, as always.  Although, it almost felt like the first time I got a Nerve Block.  The "pressure" as he did the injection seemed more intense today, more than normal.  And, my rear is hurting a little throughout the day today.  They always tell me to expect side effects, but I typically haven't had many since my first few blocks.  Other than that, I seem to be having the normal warming sensation that I typically do in my right foot.  We have another scheduled for next week to get the CRPS under control.


No comments:

Post a Comment