Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Lumbar Sympathetic Nerve Block



Nerve Issue/CRPS:

Friday:
I had the "lumbar sympathetic nerve block" to treat the CRPS and that afternoon, evening and night were probably the worst yet!  I was in so much pain that I could not tolerate it! I kept thinking, "why did I get this injection, it's making me worse?!"

Saturday:
We were having a little get-together with my family to celebrate my youngest son's 1st Birthday.  On Friday, I wasn't sure if I could handle having everyone over with the pain I was in.  However, when I woke up on Saturday, I was still in pain, but it was my normal pain and not worse.  On Saturday night, I was in extreme pain again and I was still thinking, "why did I get this injection, it's making me worse?!"

Sunday:
My pain was a lot less during the day.  I could start to tolerate kicking my leg out, a cotton ball rubbing against my foot, hot and cold washcloths resting on it, reclining in my chair, touching my foot, etc.  It's still painful and very hard for me to do, but not nearly as bad as it was a few days prior.  It seems so silly that even a cotton ball rubbing my foot brought me to tears, but it's true.  I am so extremely thankful that Dr. JS and his nurse referred me to the Pain Management Clinic as soon as they did!  Even though CRPS (Complex Regional Pain Syndrome) is not curable, but when treated early on, it is more likely to go into remission.  That is the goal and my pain management doctor is very hopeful!  

Monday:
I had little pain throughout the day, but the night is still horrible!  Not as bad as Friday night, but still very painful and it always brings me to tears.  I also can't even fall asleep if I don't have a sleeping aid.  During Physical Therapy today, I was able to do more exercises as I was not in extreme pain to complete them, woohoo!  

Tuesday:
I am still having slight pain, and by slight pain I mean it still hurts me 24/7, but I am starting to get use to it.  I still have moments where it will bring me to tears during the day.  But, I think that Lumbar Sympathetic Nerve Block is working, but not taking away all of the pain.  Hopefully, with more injections it will start to take away more pain . . . and SOON!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment