Sunday, May 5, 2013

Week 5



It's been five weeks since my surgery and my hip seems to be healing wonderfully!  I have no pain most of the time, but the occasionally discomfort is treated with ice.  I am still using the walker and rolling office chair to get around the house.  Yesterday, I made a trip downstairs to sit outside while my boys played for a while.  It was really nice to get outside since I have been inside our apartment since my Doctor appointment (4/15/13), which was two days after I came home from the Rehab Center!  I was happy that I could still do the stairs fairly easy, by scooting my butt!   



NERVE ISSUE:
The nerve pain going to my foot is absolutely unbearable!  I am really not sure how I make it everyday!  It just seems to get worse and worse as the days go on!  Dr. JS's nurse increased my Gabapentin from (200mg/3X a day) to (400mg/3X a day) for two days and then if needed (900mg/3X a day) for one day and then back to the (400mg/3X a day), then again if needed two days later the (900mg/3X a day), and so on and so forth.  I don't even notice a difference taking these pills, whether it's the higher dosage or not.  I get about an 1.5 - 2 hours of sleep at a time and then wake myself up by crying, I'm sleep crying!  You know the pain must be bad if you are sleep crying!  I really can't stand this anymore!  It is absolutely the worst pain I have ever experienced in my life!  I was really hoping that I would wake up today pain-free!  Since it took two weeks for my leg to wake up, I was hoping it would be the same or less for my foot.  I guess that is not the case, unfortunately!  My physical therapist has really been working with me to get movement back in my foot (as I have Drop Foot).  We see improvement, small improvement, but it's better than nothing!  Dr. JS filled out the script for physical therapy for 3 - 4 weeks, next week being my final week.  So, I am going to contact him to extend my physical therapy for my foot as I still really need help!  My hip has been doing great and I am able to do all those exercises myself, so I won't necessarily need it extended for my hip.  Anyways, my the Peroneal Nerve needs to heal fast, so my foot is pain-free again . . . and so I stop keeping my amazing husband up every night with my crying!   

No comments:

Post a Comment