Sunday, April 7, 2013

Day 10

Last night I laid in bed and was catching up on a few tv shows before I went to sleep.  Before I knew it, it was just midnight! I went to the restroom (and am able to walk there all by myself with the walker of course), brushed my teeth and snuggled back in bed.  When I laid back down I had to call the nurse in to put my "boot" on to prevent "drop foot."   Shortly after putting the boot back on, I started to get a feeling like my foot was on fire!  When I called the nurse back in my room, they stated that she just went on her lunch break.  So, I waited about a hour until she came in my room.  She felt my foot and said it was just slightly warmer, but nothing significant to cause concern.  The boot was put back on and she said she'd check back up on me.  At about 3:30am, another nurse came to check on me and basically brushed it off as well.  I was then up by 5:30am for the day, because the fire feeling wouldn't go away.  I got ready for the day and just relaxed until OT came in.  She was surprised I was ready to go for the day.  I explained what happened last night to her, and she felt like it was a good sign.  As much as it hurts/uncomfortable, it may mean my nerves are starting to wake up. I really hope that is the case, heck, this is getting old!  I went the whole day with my leg/foot still asleep.  But! . . . but, now if I am sitting down I can kick my foot forward about 6-ish inches!  I feel like everyday I can do something new!  I can't wait to see what tomorrow holds!  Hopefully, starting to work on stairs!

No comments:

Post a Comment